Sessions will be in either Marron Hall room 104 (MH) or the C&J Building, room 119 (CJ). See the post below for biographies of speakers.
NOTE: THERE IS NO COST TO ATTEND, but space is limited, so please register by e-mailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration & welcome at Marron Hall (w/coffee & bagels)
1) Design 101: Karolyn Cannata-Winge (CJ)
2) Features & Interviewing: Dan Mayfield, Megan Kamerick, Eva Dameron, Ollie Reed Jr. (MH)
1) Column Writing: Jim Belshaw, Jack Ehn, Steve Terrell, Joline Gutierrez-Krueger (MH)
2) Smart Editing: Phillip Blanchard, Ali Patterson, Tom Travin (CJ)
Noon - 1: The State of the Union (w/lunch): A roundtable discussion of the news industry at the start of 2011: Kent Walz, M.E. Sprengelmeyer, Gwyneth Doland (CJ)
1:10 – 2:20:
1) Role of the Photo Desk: Mark Holm, Craig Fritz (MH)
2) Source Development & Political Reporting: Steve Terrell, Dan McKay, Marisa Demarco, Jeff Proctor, Damian Garde (CJ)
2:30 - 4
Multimedia/Backpack Journalism: Richard Schaefer, Carolyn Gonzales, UNM students, Jeremy Jojola, Gwyneth Doland, Jakob Schiller (CJ)
4:15 - 5:15
Investigations/Document searches: Sarah Welsh, Jeff Proctor, Susan McKinsey (CJ)
Cutlines: B.K. Page (MH, 2 p.m.)
Sports: Bob Christ & Greg Archuleta (MH, 3:30 p.m.)
Design 102: Tony Stewart (MH, 3:30 p.m.)
All events are at UNM’s Marron Hall and C&J Building, across the street from each other just off the intersection of Central and Yale SE.