*** THIS IS LAST YEAR's LINEUP ***
Here's the lineup of events for the sessions on Saturday 23 January:
Sessions are in either Marron Hall (MH) or C&J Building Room 119 (CJ)
• Reception (MH)
9:00 - 10:15
• COLUMN WRITING/EDITING (MH) - Gene Grant, Joline Gutierrez Krueger, Dan Mayfield, Jim Belshaw, Jack Ehn
• SOURCING STORIES/BASICS (CJ)- Phillip Blanchard, Karen Wentworth
10:30 - 11:45
• BEAT REPORTING (CJ) - Rivkela Brodsky, Jeff Proctor, Dan McKay, Megan Kamerick, Joline Gutierrez Krueger
Noon - 1:00
• FEATURED SPEAKER (and lunch) (CJ) - M.E. Sprengelmeyer, Guadalupe County Communicator. Topic: "The Future of Print Is Print."
(Check out this NY Times profile of him here).
1:15 - 2:30
• NEWSROOM MANAGEMENT (MH) - Zachary Shank, Marisa Demarco, Dan McKay, Mark Holm
• FEATURES/REVIEWS (CJ) - Ollie Reed Jr., Carrie Seidman, Gwyneth Doland, Dan Mayfield
2:45 - 4:00
• BACKPACK JOURNALISM & ONLINE REPORTING (CJ) - Gwyneth Doland, Richard Schaefer, Jakob Schiller
4:00 - 5:00
• FOIA/PUBLIC RECORDS (CJ) - Sarah Welsh of NM FOG, Susan McKinsey
6:00 - 8:00
• VIDEO (CJ) - "All the President's Men"
SUNDAY AFTERNOON WORKSHOPS 1/24
contact email@example.com to sign up for Sunday workshops
• Sports Reporting
• Photography & Cutlines
• Copy Editing
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
This is a start-up website for the Journalism Boot Camp at UNM. We will preview the first-ever event with event listings. After this weekend's event, we will follow up with feedback and other interaction. We also will create a Boot Camp bible of information and links.